Finance Lead – (Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable)
Role Type: Permanent
Type: Part Time / Full Time
Location: Work from home/hybrid working.
We require a Finance Lead to join the growing team!
This is a challenging opportunity that will see you use a hands- on approach to your responsibilities, the development of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash & bank processes and be Finance’s expert in these areas.
This is an opportunity to join a consultancy and system integrator providing ecommerce, software development, business consulting and technology services. Flexible working is encouraged, with working from home. Some travel is required on the client’s needs.
What do we offer?
- A dynamic, international and challenging work environment
- Training and support to reach your full potential including the opportunity for continuous professional development
- Attractive terms and conditions, including competitive salary, pension and benefits
- Challenging tasks with individual development and training opportunities
The Finance AP & AR Analyst will be responsible for the continued development of the accounts payable, accounts receivable and cash & bank processes and be Finance’s expert in these areas. The role requires excellent customer & supplier management skills as you will be developing good commercial skills to ensure that transactions run smoothly and any customer & supplier queries are swiftly resolved to ensure no delays to payment. The role will require the successful individual to develop a detailed understanding of all areas of the business.
In this role, you will be required to:
- Effectively manage the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities on a day-to-day basis, organising resources to obtain optimum efficiency
- Be supportive and confident in advising senior manage
- Take ownership of the accounts receivable, credit control policy and Dunning processes to ensure aged debt and unapplied receipts are kept to a minimum
- Proactively monitor and evaluate aged debt on an ongoing basis to ensure company debtor day targets are achieved, anticipating and mitigating potential risks and escalating red flags to key stakeholders.
- Work together with Engagement Managers to ensure correct accounts are prioritised based on the age of query, the value of outstanding debt and customer relationship
- Persistently communicate and chase internal and external stakeholders to ensure disputes are resolved quickly
- Take full responsibility for the accounts payable processes including invoice processing reviews; approvals; supplier queries; ensuring customer, broker, supplier, payroll and staff expense claim payments are settled within payment terms and paid in accordance with Company policy, Financial Reporting Controls and tax regulations
- Manage the cash & bank processes including settlements, cash flow forecasting and bank reconciliations; answer Corporate Finance queries and liaise with customers and banks in order to resolve any direct debit errors
- Ensure compliance with Atradius’ policies and procedure
- Manage intercompany invoicing, currency conversation and associated hedging and FX risks
- Appropriately handle and protect customer, supplier and staff information, and the reporting of security events
- Oversee customer and supplier relationships; liaising with customers, staff and suppliers where necessary
- Review and approve the monthly reconciliation of AP, AR and intercompany balances
- Produce any information and backup as required for internal or external audits, statutory or tax reporting, or any other business need; liaising with auditors to resolve queries
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation, suggesting and implementing new ways of working
- Represent Finance at meetings, in forums and in Group-wide projects
- Provide assistance with systems implementation, upgrades and testing
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with external customers, internal stakeholders and the wider Finance stakeholders
- Initiate / participate in other ad hoc projects as required
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Technical skills, with an ability to set business priorities and coordinate activities accordingly
- Team player, with a track record of working with a variety of different people across a range of different departments and disciplines
- Able to self-manage, prioritising work with competing deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both externally with customers, and internally with colleagues right across the business
- Good interpersonal and literacy skills; articulate and numerate
- Close attention to detail, with a pride in delivering a high-quality service
- Confident and determined personality
- Results focussed with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Self-motivated, with a pro-active approach to their workload and an ability to deliver to deadlines
- Able to effectively deal with change
- History of managing a credit control and accounts payable function, ideally operating in the UK &/or Indian Professional/Services business
- Experience using Oracle Financials or similar accounting applications and the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Microsoft Excel)
- Bright, intelligent, with a related degree and or qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
If you are enthusiastic, confident, determined and hardworking, who is passionate about their role and wants to deliver exceptional customer service every day, then we would be delighted to receive your application.